WATER & SANITARY SERVICE
Week of May 7th & May 14th
-Nakoma to Monroe - Sanitary & Water services will be switched over at all businesses and residential locations.
Expect short water outage - Business and home owners will be contact by crews before outage will occur.
-Knickerbocker to Commonwealth- Sanitary laterals being connected week of May 7th.
Spruage will be closed Thursday, May 10th for sanitary work.
Sidewalk will be impacted on north side for sanitary work. (Week of May 7-14th)
-Grant to Harrison- Sanitary and Water working towards Harrison.
-Harrison to Van Buren (Week of May 7th-14th)- Water work on Van Buren intersection. (closed week of May 7th). When Van Buren open up, Harrison will be closed (Late week of May 7th). Harrison will be closed for sanitary work.
Sanitary lateral work will impact sidewalks accessibility in the Harrison area.
MG&E GAS SERVICE
Week of May 7th into June - MG&E Gas will be working on the new gas lines that are located under the sidewalk in the Breese Ter. to Edgewood area. Portions of sidewalk will be removed at this time.
- 1700: done (one service still needs to be switched over)
- 1800: Waiting for some of the other road work to complete before doing 1800 block.
- 1900, 2000-2200: main installed but services not tied over. Switch over will happen in the next few weeks.
- Sidewalk interruption on the 1900 block (Week of May 14th)
- When work is completed, sidewalk will be back filled with gravel and mats so sidewalks will be usable.
- Gas services will be switched over when it is best for the businesses.
- MG&E mentioned that if you have questions about the process, feel free to reach out to them. MG&E and KS Energy will be working in front of your businesses to lay the new gas lines.
Week of May 7th & May 14th- Sidewalk closures will be taking place on varies parts of Monroe Street. Access to businesses will remain open. If there are issues, please reach out.
- 1900, 2000-2200 blocks
- Plan for sidewalk disruption due to MG&E gas work. Be sure you communicate with your customers that businesses are open are provide alternative routes. Reach out with questions!
- Harrison to Grant - South side sidewalk closure. Will try to keep foot traffic open with plates.
- Knickerbocker to Commonwealth -North side of road side walk interference for sanitary lines
- Breese Terrace area
The following intersections will have closures.
- Grant - Directed by flags - Thursday, May 10th
- Van Buren - Closed for road work and staging area.
- Harrison - Will close once Van Buren opens up
- Sprauge - Closed Thursday, May 10th
- Oakland still closed.
- Lewis Ct. - Closed to reduce the amount of traffic cutting through the neighborhood.
- Breese Ter- Closed to thru traffic. Open to local traffic for businesses. Please communicate with your customers.
- Intersection Closures coming soon
- Grant (2 weeks)
- Commonwealth (after school is over)
- Glenway (within a month)
Will not be working Saturday, May 12th due to UW Graduation.
Construction of old Associated Bank location
Associated Bank moves to the new location May 11-12 and first full day in new location May 14th. Plan for fencing to go around the construction area on May 15th. Demo to start soon after.
Crazy Legs Plaza
Findorff moving into the area to start working on mosaic wall.
Interested in what Speedway is working on this week??
ABREVIATED OVERVIEW OF SPEEDWAY ACTIVITY PLAN
(Week of May 7 - May 14)
Odana/Nakoma to Glenway
- Water/Water Services- Nakoma & Monroe
- Sanitary work- Nakoma & Lewis Ct.
- Strom - Crossing Spring Trail
- Earthwork - cut street - Nakoma
Knickerbocker to Edgewood
- Storm - Knickerbocker to Commonwealth
- Sanitary - Laterals Knickerbocker to Commonwealth
- Sanitary - connect at Sprauge (will be closed Thursday, May 10).
- Sidewalk will be impacted
Grant to Regent
- Storm - Crazy legs/Breese
- Sanitary - Grant to Harrison
- Water - Harrison to Van Burren
- Sanitary- laterals Grant to Harrison
- Earthwork - Cut street at Breese
- Curb and Gutter Breese
- Earthwork - cut street Garfield to Grant
- Curb and sidewalk Garfield to Grant
- Electrical Conduit and bases
- Storm - treatment structure and pipe
- Excavate mosaic wall
- Build mosaic wall