WATER & SANITARY SERVICE
Week of May 14th & May 21st
-Monroe/Odana- Glenway - There is a lot of sanitary, storm & water work being done in this area. Crews starting to prep to begin work in the Glenway intersection.
-Knickerbocker to Commonwealth- Sanitary & Storm work being done the week of May 14th.
- Sprague - Will be closed Thursday - Saturday (May 17- 20th)
- Crandall - Closed Friday (May 18th)
- Commonwealth & Knickerbocker - Will remain open
- Sidewalk will be impacted on north side for sanitary work.
-West Lawn to Leonard -Water work will begin the week of May 21st in the West Lawn to Leonard area.
- Terry Place will be impacted but road will remain open and accessible.
- Sidewalks will be impacted.
-Grant to Harrison- Sanitary and Water working towards Harrison.
-Harrison to Van Buren (Week of May 14th-21st)- Water work on Van Buren intersection. (closed week of May 7th). When Van Buren open up, Harrison will be closed (Late week of May 7th). Harrison will be closed for sanitary work.
- Sanitary lateral work will impact sidewalks accessibility in the Harrison area.
MG&E GAS SERVICE
Week of May 7th into June - MG&E Gas will be working on the new gas lines that are located under the sidewalk in the Breese Ter. to Edgewood area. Portions of sidewalk will be removed at this time.
- 1800: Work will begin in this area the week of May 21st
- 1900, 2000-2200: main installed but services not tied over. Switch over will happen in the next few weeks.
- Sidewalk interruption on the 1900 block (Week of May 14th-21st)
- When work is completed, sidewalk will be back filled with gravel and mats so sidewalks will be usable.
- Gas services will be switched over when it is best for the businesses.
- MG&E mentioned that if you have questions about the process, feel free to reach out to them. MG&E and KS Energy will be working in front of your businesses to lay the new gas lines.
Week of May 7th & May 14th- Sidewalk closures will be taking place on varies parts of Monroe Street. Access to businesses will remain open. If there are issues, please reach out.
- 1800, 1900, 2000-2200 blocks
- Plan for sidewalk disruption due to MG&E gas work. Be sure you communicate with your customers that businesses are open are provide alternative routes. Reach out with questions!
- Harrison to Grant - South side sidewalk closure. Expect this until next Saturday.
- Garfield to Grant - working on pouring the new sidewalk next week! Hoping pouring area in front of library when it is closed.
- Knickerbocker to Commonwealth -North side of road side walk interference for sanitary lines
- Breese Terrace area
***Speedway will be working on improving visible walk ways at intersections - cleaning current mats and adding additional mats in the area!***
INTERSECTION CLOSURE - The following intersections will have closures.
- Oakland still closed.
- Garfield - working on getting back open. Grating issues.
- Van Buren - Closed (Thru May 20th)
- Harrison - Will close for about 3 days. (May 20th)
- Sprague - Closed Thursday, May 17th - Saturday, May 20th
- Crandall - Close Friday (May 18th) for Water Work.
- Terry Place - Road work being done in the area. Road will remain open.
- Lewis Ct. - Closed to reduce the amount of traffic cutting through the neighborhood.
- Breese Ter- Closed to thru traffic. Open to local traffic for businesses. Please communicate with your customers.
Intersection Closures coming soon
- Grant (Most likely - after Memorial Day)
- Commonwealth (after school is over)
- Glenway (after Memorial Day)
REMINDERS TO FOLLOW TRAFFIC PATTERNS
- No left turn out of the Edgewood parking lot
- Do not cut thru the barrels to access the right turn into Edgewood (Walker & Bikers)
- Do not turn right out of the trader joe's parking lot on to Monroe Street to access Harrison.
- Saturday Roadwork Planned
- Demo began of old Associated Bank location
- Crazy Legs Plaza
- Findorff moving into the area to start working on mosaic wall.
Interested in what Speedway is working on this week??
ABREVIATED OVERVIEW OF SPEEDWAY ACTIVITY PLAN (Week of May 7 - May 14)
Odana/Nakoma to Glenway
- Water/Water Services- Monroe
- Sanitary work- Lewis Ct.
- Water - Odana to Glenway
- Storm - Glenway to Lewis Ct.
- Earthwork - cut street - Nakoma
- Curb & Gutter - Nakoma
- Sanitary- Glenway
Knickerbocker to Edgewood
- Storm - Knickerbocker to Commonwealth
- Sanitary - Laterals Knickerbocker to Commonwealth
- Water - Crandall
- Sidewalk will be impacted
Grant to Regent
- Sanitary - Grant to Harrison
- Water & Sanitary - Harrison to Van Buren
- Sanitary- laterals Grant to Harrison
- Storm - at Grant
- Water - Services at 1900 block
- Earthwork - Cut street at Breese
- Curb and Gutter Breese
- Earthwork - cut street Garfield to Grant
- Curb and sidewalk Garfield to Grant
- Electrical Conduit and bases
- Storm - treatment structure and pipe
- Excavate mosaic wall
- Build mosaic wall
As always, reach out with questions!